Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hi, My Name Is...

Joshua.

Yep, you can call me Joshua. Or Superman. But not William or Ellie. I'm different than my brother and sister, you know!

My mom and dad finally took me out for my own private time with them again. They said we would do this once a year, but...well, the last time I got alone time with both of them was when I was two! It was worth the wait, though. We went to Build A Bear Workshop at the Mall of America. I've never been there before. It was really fun. I chose a blue bear (blue is always my favorite color) and dressed him in Jedi clothes. I love anything to do with Star Wars right now. I wish daddy didn't have to work so that we could talk about Star Wars all day long. He knows everything about Star Wars, you know. (My mom is getting less and less useful...she really does not know much about important things like Star Wars. Or superheroes.) After building my bear, I chose a cookie for my treat and then we played Legos for a long time. It was so much fun. Mom and dad paid attention to me, just to me!, for four hours.

Joshua pumping the pedal to help stuff his bear.

Giving the bear a thorough cleaning after the stuffing.

I got lots of time with adults when my grandparents from Texas were in town. My favorite day was when we went bowling AND played video games with both sets of my grandparents. Six adults + three kids = Lots of Attention.

Joshua and Grandpa Jorgenson--playing a car racing game.

With the Aars grandparents back at home.
In a few weeks, I get to start playing soccer, too. I am so ready to finally play a real sport. I've had enough practice. I'm ready for real games! I'm almost five, you know.

Ellie here now...

I am a little worried about starting soccer. Will there be girls on my team? I hope so. Right now my favorite sport is dance. I just love to dance. Miss Gina Ballerina is my most favorite dance teacher. Did you know she only lived four houses away from my mommy when my mommy was 4? I've even had a few performances this winter. I can teach you lots of dance moves: arabesque, sashay, and more.


Before I went out with mommy and daddy for my special outing, I had my "Special Day" at school first (Joshua's is coming up in March). I got to help with the calendar, I got a special badge, I brought a favorite book to school for mommy to read and I shared a snack (pink and white animal crackers). My "Special Day" at school was just for me! I didn't even have to share it with my brothers.


I did the same things as Joshua did with mom and dad for my outing with them. I chose a pink kitty and dressed her in a pink princess (Aurora) dress. I just love pink...and princesses. But I heard my neighbor Audrey, who I love!, likes turquoise, so I've started to like that color also. And gold and purple, too. I played with Legos a long time also and had a yummy pink iced sugar cookie for my snack. Delicious.


Did you know Valentine's Day was last month also? What a wonderful holiday!!! Did you know it's all about hearts and pink???? I think it might be my second favorite holiday. This year we even exchanged cards with kids in our preschool. I shared princess cards. Lovely.


William here...

Ugh. Valentine's Day. I liked the candy and all, but did you know we had to sign every single card for our preschool friends????  I had to sign something like 25 cards. Finally, I realized that if I shortened my name to "Will" the whole process would go faster. I'm seriously considering just changing my name to Will from now on. It saved me something like 5 seconds per card.


I chose a cool bear when I went out with mom and dad. It's a camouflage bear dressed in camouflage. I call him Ace. I like anything to do with army guys, Star Wars, or superheroes right now. After the Bear Store, I had mint ice cream with gummy bears as my snack. My mom wasn't sure that it would taste good, but it was delicious. I ate every bite. I had fun playing Legos after and then I got to choose some to bring home and to share with Joshua and Ellie.


Mint ice cream and gummy bears...delicious!

So many Legos, such a small little bucket. What to choose?

Selecting the Legos.

I loved my Special Day at school, too. I chose animal crackers for my snack and I LOVED pointing to the calendar and sorting the objects. Sorting toys and organizing them is one of my favorite things to do.
William's turn to direct the calendar on his "Special Day."

 Hope to chat again soon! I've got Batman to play with right now. Can't sit for too long, you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment