Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Year in Review

In the spirit of New Year's, we thought we'd do a little "Year in Review," from the kids' perspectives. Enjoy!


Winter 2008:

William here...

Mommy thought it would be best if we all took turns sharing our thoughts to all our friends and family. Mommy always tries to teach us about taking turns. Sometimes I don't like it, but this time it sounds like fun. I guess the first thing I'm supposed to talk about is last winter. Sheesh. I barely remember it--I was just a baby, for pete's sake. But here's what I do remember: lots of teeth. They just kept coming and coming. They really hurt. I didn't like to sleep much whenever that happened. I also remember the picture below. Mommy and daddy tried to get us outside sometimes to give us some "fresh air and Vitamin D," they said. I don't know what those are, but I did remember how much I liked being outside in my stroller. But then something called "winter" came, and things were very different outside. We had to wear lots of clothes and hats--they were our favorite hats, soft like our blankies. In the picture below, you can see me asking Joshua if he knew what the deal was with all the "white stuff." He didn't know either.


Spring 2008:

Ellie here...

We turned one in April! It was so much fun. God decided to help us celebrate by taking away all the white stuff in the picture above. Thank goodness. It was cold in that stuff. When we turned one, we had a big party. My cake was an Elmo cake! I love Elmo. He's so funny. Do you know he's ticklish? Whenever we tickle his feet or tummy, he starts to laugh! Silly Elmo. Joshua had a Cookie Monster cake and William had Big Bird! Lots of people came to celebrate our first birthday. Mommy and daddy said it was time to give thanks to all the people who helped us when we were babies. I didn't remember a lot of them, but mommy says we have pictures. We did lots of fun things for our first birthday--we ate our first cake and ice cream, we started using toothbrushes (I guess cuz now we're eating something called "sugar"--it's yummy), and we started sitting around a big table to eat with mommy and daddy each day. Actually, mommy and daddy don't really eat much while we're at the big table, but it seems like they want to since there's always food in front of them. They're silly, too.


Summer 2008:

Joshua here...

Boo! Did you see me? I was hiding behind my hands. Grandmas and grandpas love to play that game. The summer was so much fun. We played outside all the time. And do you know what we got to do outside? We got to splash in water, a lot. Probably almost every day. It was hot out. Ellie got cold sometimes in the pool and William sometimes got tired of the water, but not me. I could have stayed in the water forever. But then I got something called an ear infection (not from the water, from a cold) and it hurt so much I didn't like to stay in the pool long. And then I got something else called molars and canines. Those hurt so much I even started getting grouchy (mommy said I'm never like that; she got kind of worried about me). But by late July, I was all better. I got to see both my grandmas and both my grandpas a lot this month. The ones who live far away in somewhere called Texas came to visit for a long time. We had lots of fun. I get to play with my Minnesota grandma and grandpa all the time, too. They like to give me hugs all the time. The pictures below are us at 15 months old--Grandpa Aars took them with his big camera.


Fall 2008

Krissy ("Mommy") here...

It has truly been a marvelous year. We love our little family. Favorite memories in the fall include Halloween, of course, with the kids' adorable costumes. And this entire Thanksgiving/Christmas season has been so much fun. We'll add some photos in a few weeks. In the meantime, it's time to attend to the home again--I included a Halloween photo below. From left to right: Joshua the Turtle, Ellie the Flower, and William the Skunk.

Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment