Sunday, January 11, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Boo again! Joshua here...

You will not believe what happened here the other week. We were just eating breakfast, like any other morning. But then, when we finished, mommy and daddy told us that "Santa" had come the night before and had brought us something. This guy Santa had been talked about the last few weeks in the house--we had books with his face on it and we wanted to know why we had a tree in our house and socks hanging in our living room... In any case, we got out of our high chairs, ran into our family room and...he really, truly had come! He gave me a soft chair to sit in, just for me! I was so happy I just kept saying his name over and over again. "Santa....!"

It was a wonderful day. The tree and socks are gone now. I got very sad when mommy said Santa had gone as well. Sometimes I'll catch a glimpse of something that reminds me of him and ask, "Santa," but mommy tells me he's gone for a while again. If anyone of you see him, will you tell him I miss him?

Ellie here...

The story Joshua told you above is really true. Can you believe it? I got an Elmo chair, too. I also got a doll and stroller, just for me! I kept my hand on the stroller all morning; in this house, once someone lets go of something then others can play with it, too. I've learned my lesson; keep one hand on your toy at ALL times!

We saw lots of family over Christmas too--our Aunt Jodi and Uncles Mark and Joe. And we saw our cousin Nate, too. Grandma and Grandpa Jorgenson came to church with us and we sang songs about the other person who got talked a lot about this past month: Jesus. We sang Happy Birthday to him and got to eat a cupcake for him. Jesus seems nice.

William here...

Mommy told me to wish you all a Happy New Year. I don't know what that means, but I do know that everyone has seemed excited about things the past few weeks. We've been singing lots of songs and seeing lots of people. I've decided to learn something new every day from now on--recent accomplishments include learning how to shut off mommy's alarm clock, learning how to get my brother and sister to do funny things (say "hi hi hi hi hi hi hi" to them repeatedly until they get mad!, learning how to say "helicopter" (did it for 15 minutes straight) and learning how to give mommy and daddy really big hugs and kisses so they never want to put me down!

Mommy and daddy posted some pictures of all our fun below.

Ellie enjoys the theory of Santa, not the reality of him.

Joshua marvels at the generosity of Santa.

William in his Elmo chair.

Ellie's holding onto her new stroller and doll.

Grandma and Grandpa Jorgenson after church.

No comments:

Post a Comment