Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day Daddy!

"Things we love about our daddy"

Joshua:
I love to ... eat french fries and fish sticks with daddy. And hamburger.
My favorite thing about daddy is ... garbage trucks. (Editor's Note: He does like to go to the window to watch them with daddy.)
My favorite book to read with daddy is ... dinosaurs.

Ellie:
I love to ... eat Chex with daddy.
My favorite thing to do with daddy is ... books.
My favorite game to play with daddy is ... jump rope. (Editor's Note: ????)

William:
My favorite thing about daddy is ... tickles.
My favorite game to play with daddy is ... cars.
My other favorite thing about daddy is ... playing outside.

A note from mommy--James is truly a wonderful father. He is so patient with them, and he always keeps a level voice and demeanor when speaking with them (even when they're in the midst of a tantrum). He loves to get on the floor to play with them, and he lets "mommy" escape to the gym for some much-needed time alone on Saturdays.

The kids know their daddy can do some amazing things; when things break in the house, they say, "Oops. Better get daddy. He needs some tape." And they gobble up their daddy's quesadillas.

We've had a great month. By Day 4 post-surgery, Joshua was mostly his "old self." We overdid it a couple of days in the following two weeks--Joshua got tired and crabby after a few long days, and I realized he was likely sore and still a little weak. But the past few days, he's been "bouncing around the house," singing songs and playing nicely with his siblings. (He loves to belt out the "Alphabet Song" and "Where is Thumbkin.")

I am LOVING being home for the summer from working part-time at the high school. We are taking "field trips" every day practically--play dates, Toddler classes, library programs, park visits, etc. The kids make me laugh every single day. They are so funny right now--with so many goofy mannerisms and "sayings."

I've attached some of my favorite pictures from the past month or so--I especially love the Memorial Day (all in white) pictures. The beach shot is in Brainerd with my family, including my nephew Nathaniel Jorgenson (standing). He's the kids' closest friend--just 4 months older than them.

I'll attach Father's Day photos soon, I hope (we have a few projects up our sleeves--but they won't be finished 'til after Sunday).

Love to all--especially to my two fathers (and my two mothers, who I neglected to say thanks to a month ago!).





No comments:

Post a Comment