Mommy assigned me to talk about the "driving portion" of our trip to Texas. Sigh. I was not happy (that's a direct quote I gave my mom in Oklahoma). Well... at first I was happy. Our first stop was in Iowa at a rest stop. Iowa was fun and not too far away.
That afternoon, we stopped in Missouri at a McDonalds. The food was good, but we were getting a little goofy from all that driving.
Next stop was an overnight stay in Kansas. The next morning, we were tired. And grouchy.
Our final stop before Texas was in Oklahoma for lunch. It was hot. I told my mommy and daddy, "Texas is too far away." I thought we'd never get there. You can't see our faces in the photo below, but they're all tear-stained. We're looking northward through the gate--trying to figure out if we'll ever be able to go back home to a cooler climate again.
William here...
I get to talk about the fun part. TEXAS! We had a great time. My favorites were wandering the aquarium with my Grandma Aars' full attention. She told me all about the different animals and fish that we saw. I LOVED the huge manatee. I also loved all the cars grandma and grandpa had for us to play with. They said those were the same cars my daddy used to play with! And Grandpa even gave us a ride on his lawn mower tractor. It was really fun.
Joshua here...
Other favorites of our trip were our afternoons in the pool. We did some great jump splashes (you can see Ellie doing one below)! And we got to see our Texas aunts and uncles and cousins--they gave us lots of attention and hugs. (Pictured is all of us with Uncle Michael & Aunt Allison and another one of me hugging Aunt Heather Aars.) It was a great trip, and the ride home wasn't nearly as bad as the ride there (I think because mommy and daddy gave up trying to make the drive "educational" and instead just pressed the "play" button on the DVD players). You can see me riding a "horse" in Oklahoma on the drive back!
No comments:
Post a Comment