Monday, December 14, 2009

Best of Friends

Ellie here...
My brothers are my best friends right now--along with my moose, my puppy dog, my Stegosaurus, and my Snowball teddy bear. We have so much fun together. My other favorites right now are the color pink, dresses and skirts (so I can twirl), my pink blanket, and my dolls. I love love love pink. Grandma Jorgenson tried to put me in blue pants at her house the other day. I gasped, "Grandma, I need PINK pants." She found some eventually, thank goodness. Joshua's favorite color is blue and William's is green. My other favorite right now is Christmas, but we're going to wait until it's over and then show you all the things we've gotten to do the past few weeks to get ready for Jesus' birthday. We are SO excited.

Below are pictures of all of us with our favorite things.





William here...

It's 9:00 p.m., and I'm taking a break from my nighttime workout. For the past few months my brother and sister and I have enjoyed a rousing game of "How long will these cribs hold together?" for hours before we go to bed each night. So far, they're pretty sturdy: we've tried jumping on them, banging the bars against the wall, rolling in them, running back and forth, throwing toys between them, and pulling on the bars, to no avail. These sturdy pieces of furniture are still holding together! But they're getting squeaky and a bit more "tippy"--so we think soon will be the day when we're released from our cribs! Look out world. Mommy and daddy (we can tell) shudder at the thought of us, uncontained after lights out. So they're trying to avoid it. But we know the truth. Our other 30-month-old friends are all in "big kid" beds now. It's only a matter of time. In the meantime, whenever mommy and daddy get frustrated with our crib shenanigans (new word I learned, do you like it?), we belt out a beautiful song in unison that melts their hearts every time. Tonight, it's "Jingle Bells." Honestly, these two people are putty in our hands (and don't even get me started on my softy grandparents).





Joshua here...

Those parents have a lot to learn, though. You'd think their vocabulary would be better than mine, right? But seriously, no joke, my parents do not understand the English language. We're reading this book about Santa the other day, and there's a part about his reindeers, and my mom called them "reindeer" (NO S!!!). Seriously, Mom. I corrected her, forcefully: "NO, It's ReindeerS, Mommy." But then she did it again a few pages later. Sheesh. Sometimes we drop one of our cereal pieces, a Kick or a Check, on the ground, and daddy calls it "Kicks" (Kix) and "Checks" (Chex). But it's just ONE piece! I'm not joking, people. And my mom teaches at a high school! Sheesh, the state of education today... My brother, sister, and I are doing our best to teach our parents the right way of doing things. We often work together to teach them lessons or to tell them what to do. They need a LOT of direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment