Friday, June 8, 2012

A Party for Mom

Krissy here...

I have the type of mom who has spent her entire life caring for others. She has given so much of herself to take care of her family and friends, and she has done so generously and with joy.

I've been wanting to throw my mom a party for a long time. Buuuuut.....when she turned 50, I had just gotten married and my brother and s-i-l had their wedding three days before her birthday. No time for a party. When she retired her childcare business, I had just had triplets (hence part of the reason for her retirement): No time for a party. When she and my dad celebrated their 40th anniversary, I was celebrating my 10th anniversary. No time for a party.

But this May she turned 60, and it was finally time...for a party. I was fortunate enough to stay home this year with the kiddos, so I had spare moments while they were at preschool to browse Pinterest, Etsy, & local stores to create party plans--for both the kids' 5th b-day circus party and for my mom's 60th. We hosted the party at my house a couple of weeks ago. I went with a black and white damask color scheme with splashes of yellow. My mom's dear Bible Study friend, Judy, did all the flowers, and they looked amazing. Five of my mom's seven siblings (and their spouses) were able to make it--some coming quite a distance to get here. And all of my dad's siblings and spouses were at the party as well--travelling several hours also. Here are some pictures. I think my mom had a great time.

Thanks for everything you've done and continue to do, mom. You are loved and cherished by so many.


The dessert table.


The cake (Byerlys/Lunds)


The photograph and favor table.





Judy created all the flower arrangements.


The guests waiting to surprise my mom.




Surprise!


James grilled burgers & dogs for 50 guests.


My co-conspirator (and party funder). Thanks dad!



My mom and her sisters.






My mom with her mom.



Me with my dear s-i-l, who took all the photos for the day, while doing almost all the kitchen work AND taking care of her darling 2-year-old girls. We also managed to coordinate outfits. 


My adorable brothers, who both helped with setup, cleanup, party plans, food, and balloons (despite the nation's apparent helium shortage currently...).




 The immediate family--missing our nephew who couldn't be there.


The original Jorgenson 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment