Saturday, May 9, 2009

We're 2!


Joshua here...

Happy birthday to me! I'm two years old now. Daddy and mommy tell me that 2-year-olds don't use pacifiers any more, but I don't believe it. Mommy asked me if I'd give the pacifiers to the new baby next door, and I said, "No thank you." I love talking and singing, and now that I'm 2, I use more and more words every day! Today I was reading a book with William, and every time he pointed at something at the book, I said, "Very good, William ("Me-know" is how I like to pronounce his name), you're right. Two cars in the picture." I also love singing--especially "Where is Thumbkin" and the "ABC song."

I had a wonderful birthday--so many nice people came to it. And I got some really fun toys--I couldn't understand, though, why people kept trying to get me to do other things (i.e. blow out a candle) rather than sit in my new shiny car! That reminds me...I've got toys to play with--see you later!

Ellie here...

I'm 2 now, too! I love being 2 years old. It means I can start telling my brothers (and parents) what they're doing wrong. I like to tell William and Joshua, "No, don't do that. Come back here right now!" and things like that. Some times they don't listen to me, but it's fun when they do. But I do love playing other games, too. My brothers make me laugh all the time. They're so funny. They do so many silly things, especially when we're all in our nighttime cribs--they can keep me up until 9:30 p.m. with their jumping on the beds and their funny noises.

I had fun at the birthday party, too. I had a beautiful Dora cake, made by my Grandma Jorgenson. William had a Diego cake, frosted by my Grandma Aars. Joshua had a Boots the Monkey cake, made by Mommy. Those cakes were tasty--and they sure seemed to take a long time to make!

PS: I know how to play a kazoo and a harmonica! They make pretty sounds.

William here...

What's that?! Did anyone here that noise? I think it was an airplane. I love sounds--I hear so many different noises all the time, and I always say, "What's that?!" We all try to figure out what I hear. The past couple of months have been lots of fun. I can say lots of words now, especially all the cars and trucks that I see. And I got to do a lot of fun things lately--baby animals at the zoo, Easter church services, birthday parties, and playing outside all the time now that it's nice out! Even going to the doctor was all right--no shots! I'm the biggest--28 pounds! Joshua is 26 pounds, and Ellie is 23 pounds.

My birthday party was so much fun--I got a train table! That toy is so much fun. And I got lots of new cars to play with, too. I can sit in a room and play with cars for hours on end. There's so much to do and learn about each one!

"Mommy" (Krissy) says: We attached a couple of their professional 2-year-photos in addition to some birthday shots as well. We wish all the moms out there a "Happy Mother's Day."






No comments:

Post a Comment