Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Springtime Musings

Ellie here...

I have a secret to tell you--let me whisper in your ear. It's spring... and close to summer! Do you know what that means? It means we get to splash in water outside, like we did last weekend.


It means lots of time on our playset.


It means ICE CREAM TRUCKS!


It means I get to wear LOTS of summer dresses and twirling shirts and shorts. See what we got to wear for our 3-year-old picture session?





And, it means mommy'll be home for the summer. She says we're signed up for a summer "Fun in the Sun" class and for dance lessons, with all our neighbor friends. I LOVE dancing right now, and I can't wait to learn more! The only thing I'm a little nervous about--diapers. She says we're packing up mine first and giving them to my cousins, Ali and Keira. I don't really want to do that. But she says she knows I'm ready to go on the toilet again. We'll see...

William here...

We did a lot of fun things this spring. We got to go outside with our umbrellas.


We pretended we were firemen at a local Vehicle Fair.


And we've been doing lots and lots and lots of puzzles.


The biggest job has been trying to get our basement finished. We've had lots of construction workers in the house. My favorite is of course my godfather Mike. He's done all the carpentry (I don't know what that is, but mommy told me to write that). Joshua and I even helped grandpa and daddy paint the basement the other day.



Joshua here...

We also had a lot of parties this spring! After our birthday, we sang Happy Birthday to Aunt Jodi for her birthday. And we got to hold the cute babies, Ali and Keira. I love them a million.


We also celebrated Mother's Day. Mommies are pretty good, too.


Then we had Grandma Jorgenson over for her birthday. It was a really fun day. I even skipped out on my nap that day. (Don't tell mommy and daddy, but I think I still need naps--I got pretty tired that night.)


And on Memorial Day we went on our annual family picnic to a new park where we got to (or was forced to, in my case!) try a new cheese mommy and daddy bought. This year they bought an Australian sharp cheddar that had been aged for 3 years. I don't believe that's a good food decision, to eat 3-year-old food, but they don't listen to me sometimes. We also got to eat watermelon. I love watermelon--and think of the name of it, what a funny word! Water and melon. Silly. I laughed and laughed at that word at the table the other day.



We'll let you know about our next parties--Father's Day and 4th of July!



No comments:

Post a Comment