Ellie here...
Whew. We had a busy summer! Mom said we changed from toddlers to little kids this summer, which she said made her both happy and sad. I keep asking her, "How can you be happy AND sad?"
I have a lot of favorite things this summer. I LOVED taking dance class (with my brothers and neighbors, Luke and Riley). I got to wear my sparkly leotard and my princess leotard. I got to watch my twirls in a huge mirror. I love twirling, I love dresses and I love light pink (not dark pink, please). I also love princesses right now--my favorites are Ariel and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) because they wear light pink dresses usually.
We had so much fun at 4th of July this summer, except we were a little bit hot at a parade that day. But I loved doing sparklers at our neighbors' house, and watching the neighbors' fireworks.
And guess what else? I go potty on the toilet now ALL BY MYSELF! I don't have any accidents. And I also learned how to jump into a swimming pool to my daddy and grandpa. It was fun.
William here...
I had so much fun this summer also. I loved playing at the beach and at the park. I'm really good at climbing things by myself now and I can go down really big slides. I also loved a water park that had little waterfalls in it--I climbed up and down the "river" and "waterfalls" for a really long time.
We had lots of fun when Grandma and Grandpa Aars visited from Texas. Grandma brought me some truck books (I LOVE trucks) and Grandpa gave out tons of tickles (I LOVE getting tickled).
The only bad thing this summer was that I sick this summer--two times! 102-104 degree fevers. One night, mommy and daddy got really worried about me when the thermometer went up to 105. My head and throat really hurt. I got sick first in July and then again on vacation in Duluth in August. Mommy blames the public restrooms we were in all summer, because...I also am going all my potty on the toilet now! (Ellie and Joshua got sick too...)
Joshua here...
Summer is fun fun fun! I loved going on vacation this summer. I got to sleep in a big bed at our resort in Two Harbors, MN (just north of Duluth). I LOVED climbing the rocks by the huge lake, Lake Superior. We also went on a boat ride and went under some huge bridges. But my very favorite thing was throwing rocks into the water.
I did not have that much fun at my first Major League baseball game. The stadium was huge and fun to look at, but we were up so high that I worried I was going to fall. And the sun was directly on my eyes. I was HOT! After we took a break from the stands to get a snack, I couldn't believe when my daddy carried me back up to the seats again. I told him, "Oh no, not AGAIN!" Were we really going to suffer in that heat again? But thankfully, we only lasted another minute and then we headed home. I did like my ice cream there, though :-)
We're going to have to write another note soon about our summer-ending vacation with Grandma and Grandpa Jorgenson--it was busy! Once daddy loads the pix, we'll write again.
No comments:
Post a Comment