My mom is stressed out. She said we've done too many new things these past few months, and she's getting tired. I'm a little tired, too, if I'm being honest, but don't tell her!
It all started the last weekend in August. We had a huge vacation weekend with my Grandma and Grandpa Jorgenson. We went to the State Fair on Friday. We got to dress up (with our cousin Nate) as farmers and pretend to harvest crops and feed animals. I LOVE tractors. My Uncle Dave has the coolest tractors that he lets us ride sometimes. We also got to eat french fries, hot dog (yuck!--my mom hates them too so she's secretly glad none of us like them yet), mini doughnuts and a dairy barn ice cream cone (yum!).
On Saturday we went to ComoTown--an amusement park for littler kids. We went on a tower ride that dropped us down fast. We giggled and giggled. It was so much fun. My mom...looked a little stressed. (I did get really nervous on the high swings, but don't tell my mom--she was freaking out on the ground while I was up there clutching the fence.) That night we had a bonfire and s'mores at my grandma and grandpa's house (we slept over with them the whole weekend!).
On Sunday, we left the house pretty early to go boating on my grandpa's boat. He let me drive it--I'm very good at driving in circles. My dad is really good at riding on the kneeboard (he spins!) and wakeboard (he jumps!). Then, at the beach afterward, I caught a butterfly in my new net...ALL BY MYSELF!
It was a fun weekend. But I was pretty tired by Sunday (I'm pretty sure my mom was, too--she said that three days of three adults with four three-year-olds was enough to wear even the most energetic down--our cousin Nate was with us the whole time, but the dads had to work part of the time...)
Joshua here...
We had a few other firsts in August and September. We went to Chuck E Cheese for the first time for our friend Riley's 4th birthday party.
We started riding our scooters on the street--with mom or dad next to us.
And we picked an apple off a tree all by ourselves at a nearby orchard (and we ate them as we picked--best apples we ever tasted!).
Ellie here...
The biggest "first" we had came just a couple of weekends ago. And it was by far the biggest first of all. I'm still, well, unsure if I'm happy or sad about it. Probably I'm both. You see, my "Cousin" Mike Fritz and my daddy worked on finishing our basement all spring and then over the summer so we could have a guest bedroom down there for Grandma and Grandpa Aars. See how much more play space we have now? That part I'm happy about.
But then they also made the 3rd bedroom upstairs into a kid bedroom. Which means...my brothers and I aren't in a bedroom together anymore! I miss them so much. We had so much fun together every night, reading books and telling stories. They made me laugh all the time. I keep asking my mom why my brothers can't stay with me any more. She looks really stressed and sad when we talk about it. She and I both cried the first couple of nights. There are so many new shadows in the part of my room where they put my "big girl" bed. I get a little worried. I love my new pretty things, but I do so miss my brothers.
No comments:
Post a Comment